Friday, August 8, 2008

Too funny... Too true

Football is a major part of my life. I live it, I breathe it, I eat it for breakfast...

No. I don't. I really could care less. ...or I couldn't care less... Whichever has me caring less, that's what I'm generally doing with football.

Anyhow, tonight is the big Raiders/Niners game. My only concern was that it was going to be taking place at the Oakland Coliseum and I was going to get stuck in the traffic coming back from San Jose. Fortunately, I didn't.

As I was getting off of the train tonight on my way home, I was met by an unusual crowd heading in the direction of the train. I was surprised until I noticed that everyone was wearing black and silver. Raiders fans.

I have to point out that these were indeed your "typical" Raiders fans. Large tattooed bikers with their pony tails, beards and bandannas; wanna-be gang bangers with their baggy pants, oversized jerseys, sideways hats and bandannas; scruffy "I don't fit into any category other than 'typical Raiders fan' guys... you know the type. There were tons of them, all heading into the BART station.

In the middle of this ragamuffin crowd was one clean cut couple, looking very out of place and holding hands as they walked toward the train. She was obviously more than a little nervous. He was trying to look relaxed and be brave for his woman. It wasn't working. He had the look of a man about to face death, knowing that there was no way out.

I thought to myself "Where are they going?" They could have been your typical nine to five commuters dressed for a casual Friday. The only thing is that this is the end of the line for the train and they were heading in the wrong direction.

"Odd," I thought.

That's when I noticed it. He was wearing a red polo shirt. I had to laugh.

"Niners fans... Yep. They're going to die."

2 comments:

lzzrdlips said...

That's classic!

And I know YOU could care less, by why would they have THAT game the same night as the opening ceremony as the olympics?! And I know you could care even more less (yeah, that's correct english, I'm sure of it), but I just checked the score and unless some miracle happens in the next 5 minutes (of game play - which is what, like 30 minutes real time?) the Raiders are going to win...bummer...

~rob said...

the Raiders are going to win...

Which means that the Raiders fans are going to roit and burn down part of Oakland again. Dorks.