Saturday, November 1, 2008

guysforlife.org

I just received an email from a YouTube member, requesting that I be their "friend." I've received a couple of these requests from members in the past who were obviously just going through subscriber names using the "friends" request as a promotional tool to get more people to view their videos. While I don't think it's the best way to promote yourself on YouTube, I guess it works for some.

So far, I've ignored the requests, but this time, for some reason, I followed the links to their YouTube page. Turns out that they're using YouTube as a ministry tool to reach out to guys that have just learned that their wife or girlfriend or even daughter (if she's old enough) is unexpectedly pregnant.

I watched the "welcome" video and read the channel biography and was amazed. This is an awesome idea that has the potential to reach millions of guys who are probably scared and don't know what to do or where to go for help. I've not had a chance to watch all the videos yet, but plan to soon.

If you are a guy who's in that same situation, please go check out the videos. Chances are, that there are answers there that may help you through the difficult choices that you now need to make. If you know of a guy who just found out that he's to become father, share this with him. Chances are that you'll both be glad that you did.

http://www.youtube.com/user/guysforlifeorg
www.guysforlife.org

God bless.

1 comment:

~Beth D. said...

I like your new layout. And I love your heart!