Thursday, August 21, 2008

I'm not quite dead yet.

It's been more than a week since I've posted last and I'm sure that you're all worrying by now.

I just wanted to write and assure you that I'm not dead. ...though I could use that kind of rest right now. I've spent all day at my desk for the past two weeks, only leaving at the end of the day and for lunch, though I've taken most of my lunches as working lunches. I've not really been out and doing anything and therefore don't have much to write about.

Nick's growing up fast. When I put him to bed the other night, seeing him laying there, he looked like he'd gained at least six inches in the past week. It's awesome watching him develop and learn. He's just starting to understand consequences. I'll ask him "if x happens and y happens, then what?" and he's able to think it through and give me an answer. Truely amazing.

Oh, take a listen to Gaelic Storm. Their last two albums "Bring Yer Wellies" and "What's the Rumpus?" are pretty much all I'm listening to lately. They're a really fun and upbeat band. You've heard them and enjoyed their music whether you realize it or not. They played a small but memorable part in a small-time film from about 10 years ago called "Titanic." They were the band that was playing during the "Steerage Part" scene where Jack and Rose go slumming with the "common folk." They're coming to the Filmore later this year and I'm hoping to catch them there.

Anyhow, I'm behind schedule at work so it's back to the grind stone.

No comments: