Tuesday, March 31, 2009

Here again

Last post, January 6th? Wow. I know that I've not been blogging, but I didn't realize that it's been that long since my last post.

I'm still looking for work, but there are a couple opportunities on the horizon. Next week, I'm going to start filling in for a friend who is going out of town for a couple of months and needs someone to keep his business running while he's away. Unfortunately, he and his wife just found out that she has the chance of getting laid off on the 17th. Fortunately for them, if that's the case, they still have his business to fall back on. Unfortunately for me, that means that opportunity will be gone.

The other thing that's coming up for me is the plumber's union. I went in a couple of weeks ago to apply for an apprenticeship with them and have an aptitude test scheduled this Saturday, the 4th. While it comes at a rather inconvenient time (we need to be completely out of our apartment by the 6th) it gives me hope of becoming gainfully employed in the not-too-distant future. It, however, poses a problem of its own. I'll also need to find a vehicle rather quickly. That wouldn't pose as much of a problem if I were already employed and could afford one. I'm thinking that a truck would be best, since I'm most likely going to need to be carrying tools and other large/heavy objects with me on a day-to-day basis.

All in all though, things are starting to look up. We have a new apartment and hopefully, I'll be employed again. I'll probably not be making as much as I was before I got laid off, but our new apartment is substantially less expensive. We're looking at getting caught up on bills and getting some money back into a savings account.

Now, all we need to do is get that lingering odor out of our new apartment. The people who lived there before us were obviously smokers. We've cleaned the carpet, but I'm thinking that we need to get a couple gallons of Febreeze... Any other suggestions?

1 comment:

~Beth D. said...

well, here we are in our new place. It's growing on me! (or is that mold?!)